List: things I love about winter

If you follow me on Instagram you may have picked up on the fact that I'm prone to the Winter Blues. Since we're only about halfway through my least favorite season, I thought I'd share with you 10 bits of winter I do like.

1. Snow. I have a Lorelai Gilmore-like love for snow. Unfortunately it doesn't happen as often as I'd like, and when it does, my little country goes crazy.

2. Sunrise. There's something so special about sunrise during these months.

3. Crisp winter runs. Ok, the first km is really, really cold. But then, when my blood is pumping through my body and my breath forms little clouds, winter runs feel like magic.

4. Spending the evening/weekend on the couch, under a blanket, reading a good book, drinking steaming hot tea and having a jar of (chocolate chip)cookies within reach.

5. Wearing boots without my feet getting too hot.

6. Wearing the one pair of boots that I accidentally ordered one size too big. In the winter I can wear them with two pairs of socks so they fit.

7. Cozy nights in with my love. Or with my girlfriends.

8. That healthy glow my skin gets when I've been outside for a while.

9. Bare branches. I love the look of bare branches against the sky.

10. Wearing scarfs all day without everyone thinking I'm sick.


Oh, can I add in one last snow-related one? Snowball fights! And making my own Olaf :)

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten

Back to Top