One Little Word for 2015


My One Little Word for 2014 was MOVE. I don't think I could have picked a better word.

In January I felt stuck. I was working a mere 12h per week at IKEA, was hardly exercising, and I didn't know where I wanted my life to go.
So I picked MOVE as my first ever One Little Word. I wanted to move my butt, in every way possible. I wanted to exercise more, I wanted to do more, find a 'real' job, give my life direction, I wanted to get un-stuck.

Looking at where I am now vs January last year, there's a whole wold of difference.
12 months later I am working full time in a field that more or less relates to my education. I can easily run 5k and I have signed up to run a 10k in May. And the best part: I'm enjoying it.
In the "what do I want from life" department I haven't figured it all out, but I'm on my way.
I am still very fond of this word. MOVE and I are not done, and I will definitely keep it in the back of my mind while I find my way through the new year.

In contrast to last year, there was not just one word that spoke to me at the end of 2014: there were a few contenders. I let them percolate for a while, and in the end one word came out as a winner.



My One Little Word for 2014 is FEEL.

FEEL, to me, mostly means to reconnect with me. To reconnect with my body, my heart, my soul. To FEEL what I need, instead of thinking about what I need.

In 2015 I want to:
FEEL all the feelings, not just the good ones
FEEL what foods are good for my body
FEEL the sun, or the wind, or the rain on my face when I'm outside
FEEL what kind of exercise my body needs
FEEL what my heart and soul are whispering to me

I'm excited about my word, but also a little bit scared. Because feeling all the feelings might mean that I will at times feel like shit. Feeling what my heart and soul tell me, might not be what my mind wants to hear. Feeling what foods are good for my body, might mean that I have to make big adjustments in my life.

But you know what? I think I'm ready for the changes that need to happen. I FEEL ready.

*One Little Word® is a concept created by Ali Edwards. The idea is that you choose a word at the beginning of the year, a word that will be your guide that year. Each month Ali shares a prompt that you can use to think and craft about your word. You can find out more about it here and you can still sign up for the class here

2 opmerkingen :

  1. move was definitely a great word for you!
    feel is an interesting word and truly opposite of move but I like it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It really was! I'm excited to see what feel will bring me. I agree that it is the opposite of feel. Last year I needed to get my life back on track no matter what. Now I would like to finetune it all, see what I can add or remove to make this life truly mine.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Back to Top