Project Life... get excited!

You guys, I'm finally doing it: 2014 will be documented in a Project Life album!

If you've never heard of Project Life, it's a memory keeping system designed by Becky Higgins. It's a super easy way of combining photographs with journaling. Here's an idea of what it will look like (I couldn't help myself, I had to play around a bit already):



I've been going back and forth for a while on this decision. A lot of my favourite bloggers (Elise from EnJOY it, Kristin from Rukristin, Elsie from A Beautiful Mess, and of course Ali Edwards)  have been inspiring me ever since I started reading blogs, but it always felt daunting to me. 16 pockets to fill each week... and in addition to that, it's not a cheap product. Sure, you get plenty for your money, but it remains a lot of money. And since I've had less than little money the last year, that pretty much made the decision for me.

But then I started thinking. I don't have to fill a full spread each week. Instead, I can also just fill a page a week, reducing the number of pockets to fill to just 8. And the amount of inspiration and money this adventure was gonna take, would also be reduced by at least half.
A few weeks ago I came across a Dutch crafts/scrapbooking company that sells Project Life kits, but also sells the page protectors separately, and even sells parts of some of the core kits. I got super excited, because I could now get enough PL products to get started, for less than 20 bucks! All I need now is an album, but there's no rush. Until then everything will be just fine living in a few 1-inch book rings.

So here's what I got:


* 27 page protectors design A (on the right).
* 6 page protectors design D (on the left).


A  mix of cards from the Kraft core kit:
* 50 3x4 inch journaling cards, with a filler design on the back

* 10 4x6 inch journaling cards

* 12 4x6 inch cardstock, in 6 different colours:


These are a few of my favourites from the set I got:


In addition I treated myself to the digital version of the Seafoam kit, designed by my favourite blogger. The physical kit is not available in Europe anymore, but I decided to not let that stop me from using it. 

So obviously I'm super excited to get started. I just have to wait 2 more months... because obviously I need to start at January 1st. But until then I'll entertain myself with designing some cards of my own, and of course there's 30 Days of Thankful and December Daily. I'll be fine ;)



2 opmerkingen :

  1. Reacties
    1. I think so too! I can't wait to get started, but at the same time I'm having this 'what if I'm not good at it...?' feeling. Which is total bullshit, I know. But, we'll see :D

      Verwijderen

Back to Top